Reworked to provide more accurate and more intuitive Quick Linking Capabilities
The Context menus have been refined to focus more on modeling
Adjusted to compliment the new context menu changes providing access to the commands you need quickly and intuitively
Dive into the model, connect with team members, set up the work environment and access tutorial and other informative resources.
- Access individual windows
- Select a Perspective
- Apply a workspace
- Or configure a rich set of preferences and visual styles.
Connect with your fellow modelers, check the model calendar, discuss, review and chat.
Find recently modified diagrams and elements, access your personal journal and consult a variety of educational material designed to get you quickly up to speed with modeling in Enterprise Architect.
Access the tools and commands commonly used when building and elaborating a model.
Work with model Packages, the "containers" or "storage units", within your model.
- Apply perspective based patterns
- Transform and validate
Access the Specification Manager for a unique but familiar text based interface targeting model development and refinement. Switch to List and Gantt views for a full 360 degree view of your project's current state.
Work with Diagrams, the visual interfaces or "windows" into your model's structure. Visually build and adapt your model, adding, refining and switching viewpoints at the press of a button.
Work with Elements, the basic building blocks of your model
- other features of your elements
Work with a variety of traceability and tabular tools (such as the Matrix) to understand Impact and Gap Analysis, cross references and dependencies within the model
The Layout Ribbon supports tools to aid you in refining your visual representation of the model.
- Align, format, color, filter, explore, select, copy, paste, customize and otherwise refine. ◦Your "Window into the model's structure".
- "Hand Drawn" or "Whiteboard" modes to emphasize a diagram's "ad hoc" or informal nature.
- Swimlanes, roadmaps, themes and other specialized drawing to better convey an ideas.
- Use the powerful filtering mechanism ◦Highlight and suppress elements based on a variety of properties and key terms.
- Apply layouts and use powerful tools to facilitate effective diagram layout
Utilize built-in and 3rd party tools to take your model in new and very specific directions
- Build datamodels
- Create XSD message schema from logical models
- Write and execute scripts
- Use the new External Data Integration capabilities to link your model with other tools, such as JIRA, DOORS, WRIKE, TFS and others
- Manage and work with Add-Ins, Technologies and other advanced tools
Put your model to work.
Create detailed and stunning
- Rich Text
- Web documents
...that help you communicate the purpose and structure of your visual models to a wider audience.
In addition to familiar document formats you can also publish model content in formats such as XMI, for interchanging models between different projects and even between different tools.
The RAS service lets you publish and consume model content to/from a shared model repository. Re-use your models across multiple engagements, create a library of model assets that you can call on as needed.
Numerous Simulation options let you put your behavioral diagrams to work so you can examine their behavior and experiment with many different operational parameters and configurations until you find the sweet spot.
Simulation targets include:
- Simple Simulation ◦Manual stepping through a diagram to examine logical pathways
- Dynamic Simulation ◦Adds scripting, triggers, events, debugging, inspection of state and more
- Executable State Machines ◦Generate & compile code to run the simulation, inspect breakpoints, behavior and more
- BPSim ◦Execute BPSim BPMN models, trial scenarios and optimize process execution times
- Modelica Sim ◦Generate code for SysML parametric diagrams and execute using Open Modelica
- Decision Modeling Notation Simulation ◦Execute and inspect DMN models, step through rules and collect outcomes